Saturday, August 8, 2009

2008 Kirkland (Costco) Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley

I like Costco for their wines and everything else I might need. When I recently visited their wine section, I probably would not have given the displayed cases of this wine a second look had I not had such good luck with this Costco proprietary brand. One of he best experiences I have had with Kirkland was a bottle of vintage dated extra virgin olive oil from Tuscany - a one liter bottle turned out to be the real deal at a bargain price. So, I gave the Pinot Noir a try ($12.95) and this wine has some authentic pinot black cherry aromas and flavors. Good overall balance and a pleasant finish seal the deal. Now, this wine offers no competition to the luscious pinots from Martinelli and Rochioli. It is simply a light but honest bargain pinot for summertime meals on your deck.

1 comment:

Saqib Khatri said...

Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences. Russian River Pinot Noir